The final product, my sweet & spicy Brandy pulled pork.
Prep + cook time = 7hours
Consumption time = > 1/2 hour 😅
A dish like this requires a little planning, a lot of love, patience and minimal supervision.
A dish that, once prepped, can be left to cook in the background on a slow fire, while you prep a couple of drinks, turn on some music or a movie, sit down with your family and friends and relax.
The melt-in-your-mouth meat cooked on a slow fire, stewing in a rich broth formed from the spice in the dry rub, the smokey sweetness of the liquid marinade.
Tablespoons full topped over a crisp rusk (thats right, a multigrain rusk) along with finely chopped capers & pickled red chillies.
1. Mix all the dry powders in a bowl and marinade the meat with it. Allow to sit for an hour.
2. Mix all the liquid ingredients + palm sugar and pour over the meat. Cover with clingfilm and allow to marinade overnight.
3. Place all the ingredients in a crockpot or pressure cooker. On a low flame, add the weight on the lid of the cooker and cook for 6 hours.
4. Post cooking. keep the lid aside and cook the meat on a medium to high flame to thicken the liquid.
5. Add the capers and chillies and shred the meat.
6. Allow the meat to cool and serve over bruschetta or crisp rusks.
Serve and enjoy it!❤