Don’t play with your food! Why not!?
My mood this Sunday afternoon was to be a kid again, even just for a moment.
I wanted to play with my food. And the one food item I was certain to play with was my alphabet pasta. A special treat that mum would add to our soups to add an element of surprise with every spoonful.
My favourite game was alphabet pasta scrabble 😄 not necessarily for points but it was fun to spell our names out!
Being playful with my alphabets cooked in a chicken broth soup.
Well, almost a soup, not quite a risotto and definitely something in between – DELICIOUS ALL THE SAME!
Can you help me name this one?😄 im stumped with this one. Until then, here’s the recipe:
• 4 mugs of water to 2 pieces of chicken and 1 @maggiindia chicken soup cube
• 2 large bay leaves
• 1 bunch of spinach, washed and chopped fine
• 6 large mushrooms, washed and chopped fine
• 1 medium onion, chopped into slivers
• 5 pods of garlic left whole or chopped fine- up to you
• 8 black peppercorns
• 1 medium carrot chopped into half inch circles
• 2 stalks of celery chopped into half inch circles
• 1 cob of corn
• A packet of alphabet pasta- add the quantity based on your preference. I wanted a slightly heavier meal more than a soup so I added quite a bit.
1. In a large crockpot, add a small knob of butter to melt.
2. Add the black pepper, chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic to brown for 5mins on medium to High heat
3. Add the chicken to brown for 5mins
4. Add all the other ingredients in.
5. Stir well and pour in the water along with the Maggi soup cube
6. Close the lid and allow to boil for 20mins on low flame.
7. Open the lid and add the pasta to cook for 10mins in medium flame.
8. Serve hot in a bowl and play scrabble 😄