Chicken soup. FOR.THE.SOUL! 🍲
Full of all kinds of goodness! Pure chicken broth! Subtle, flavourful, perfectly blended with spices and vegetables.
A food hug right there! 👐🏼💗
* The bony pieces of a chicken + 2 breast pieces- washed well
* 1 Maggi chicken cube
* 2 bay leaves
* 10 crushed pepper corns
* 5 garlic pods finely sliced
* 1 large onion finely sliced
* 2 long carrots cut into 1cm pieces
* 2 large potatoes cut into chunks
* 5 celery sticks cut into 1cm pieces
* Mushrooms, well washed and cut into slices
* 1 tin of creamed corn
1. In a pressure cooker, add a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the onion and garlic until translucent.
2. Add the bay leaves and chicken and stir fry until the chicken is seared.
3. Add 1 litre of water and the Maggi cube. Stir for 1 minute.
4. Boil on a medium flame with the lid and weight on for 2 whistles.
5. Turn off the gas and allow the soup to settle. Open the lid and add all the chopped vegetables and the creamed corn.
6. Boil for another 15mins or until the vegetables are soft.
7. Turn the stove off, serve the hot soup into a giant bowl with egg noodles or croutons. Crawl under a blanket. Turn on a good movie or read a good book. Have your soup and relax 💗
#foodie #food #selflove #recipe #kukielovesbacon #nomnom #soup #chickenrecipes #chickensoup #foodlover #homemade