Sausage and Green beans (one-pan) casserole 🥘
Experimenting on @chrissyteigen’s Ham & green bean casserole by basically using whatever ingredients I had in my kitchen 😄 (the base of my kitchen experiments).
Such a fun one pan dish packed with all the goodness I need for my work lunches during the week!
• 4 large pork sausages/ ham/ roast chicken, diced
• 100gms green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths
• 100gms cauliflower, washed and cut into slivers
• 250gms spinach, washed and chopped
• 7-8 garlic pods, peeled and finely chopped
• Crushed black pepper and salt to taste
• 4 pieces of sundried tomatoes, finely chopped to garnish
• 200ml single cream
• 1tbsp of English mustard
• 1/2 cup water or chicken stock to dilute the sauce to your liking.
1. In a deep dish pan, add 2tbsp of olive oil and fry the garlic and sausages until crispy & golden brown.
2. Remove from the pan and add the vegetables with nothing but black pepper and a tiny pinch of salt. Close with a lid and cook on slow flame for 10mins or until the beans are slightly crunchy and the spinach wilted.
3. Add the sausages back with the vegetables.
4. In a bowl, whisk the cream and mustard to form a thick sauce. Thick enough to pour but not watery. If you prefer the sauce thinner, add a little water at a time.
5. Add some crushed black pepper to the sauce and pour over the sausage vegetable medley.
6. Stir in well and close with a lid. Cook for 10mins on medium flame.
7. Turn off the stove and garnish with chopped sundried tomatoes.
8. Wanna make it cooler? Garnish with some crunchy bacon bits. 🤤
Easy to pack, easy to heat in a microwave, great for a lunch on the go!
Do try it out and let me know if you liked it. Also, help a sistah out by liking, following or even sharing my posts if you’re interested. Small actions, with a big impact! 💕