Got a super quick, healthy & delicious pumpkin dish on the onset of Halloween.
A lovely pumpkin dish from Kerala, Pumpkin Erissery is served as part of an Onam sadya. A very common side dish served up with steamed rice and dal.
• 300 grams of Pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
• 1 medium onion finely chopped
• 1/2 cup Fresh coconut , grated to be roasted
• 2tsp Mustard seeds
• 2tsp White Urad Dal
• 1 stalk of Curry leaves
• 3 Dry red chillies or 2 green chillies- slit
• 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
• Salt , to taste
1. In a kadai, heat oil, add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add the urad dal and let it turn light brown.
2. Add the onion, chillies & curry leaves and fry until the onion is translucent.
3. After a minute, add coconut by constantly stirring over a medium low flame. Let it brown slightly till aromatic. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the pumpkin with 1/2 cup of water and cook with a lid on for 5mins.
5. Cook until water evaporates and the pumpkin turns soft. Serve hot.
#vegetarian #pumpkin #halloween #nomnom #healthy #homechef #kukielovesbacon #foodlover #vegetables #recipe #healthyfood #southindia #indiancuisine #india