Another dish made with love for my parents anniversary ❣️ This one was special for two reasons.
1. Instructions were provided by the mama bear and executed to the T by moi. This was great because I’m not great with instructions 🤷🏻♀️
2. It was my first time making crab. It’s usually a special dish made for the family by my mum, every now and then. So it was a big deal to learn and execute.
*A tiny warning, there is a fair bit of crab meat handling in the photos as you swipe. If that isn’t your scene, I suggest you skip this post.” 🙏🏻☺️
1. Marinated crabs
• 1kg/5 medium crabs
• 1tsp turmeric
• 1tsp ginger garlic paste
• 1tsp salt to taste
• 2tbsp coconut oil
• 1/2cup coconut milk
• 1/2tsp cumin seeds
• 1tsp coriander seeds
• 10 peppercorns
• 1 inch ginger
• 6 cloves of garlic
• 1 large onion or 2 small ones(largely chopped)
• 1 large tomato (largely chopped)
• 3 green chillis(slit)
• 1tbsp tamarind paste
• 10 1-inch stalks of lemongrass
• Handful of coriander leaves
1. In a vessel , marinade the crab in the turmeric, ginger garlic paste and salt. Be careful to massage it slowly as the claws are sharp. Set aside.
3. In a wok, heat the coconut oil and fry all the gravy ingredients over a low flame for 5mins until the tomatoes are a bit soft.
4. Allow the ingredients to cool and blend with a little water to form a smooth paste.
5. Add it back into the wok and allow to cook over a medium flame for another 10mins.
6. Add the marinaded crab to the gravy and stir slowly, making sure to coat the pieces evenly.
7. Close with a lid and allow to cook for 15mins.
8. Turn the gas off and add the coconut milk. Stir well.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Add chopped 1inch stalks of lemongrass and stir well. Close the lid to simmer on low flame for 2mins.
11. Turn of the gas and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
TRUST ME! Eat this with rice! 🍛
I hope you enjoy making this one as much as I did!