My mum makes this for us at home on a Friday night.
Fresh Mackerel, Methi (also known as Fenugreek) leaves and a whole bunch of spices. Super super healthy and delicious! This is all that needs to be said.
– Mackerel 1kg
-Methi leaves 1-2 bundles depending on size of the bundle
-Onions 3 nos medium size
-Tomatoes 4_5 medium size
-Garlic one whole pod
-Chilli powder 3/4 tsp
-Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
-Salt to taste
1. Cut onions fine and saute with chopped garlic and green chillies until translucent.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
3. Add chilli jeera and turmeric powder and fry for five minutes.
4. Add methi leaves and salt n let it cook.
5. Slit the fish on the side n stuff with above mix n cover n cook on slow flame for 10min
It’s really quick to cook and is a great wholesome meal.