Mixed Cutlets: the beauty of a cutlet is that you can add a buttload of vegetables in there with the meat and you wouldn’t even know.
And for someone who used to hate her vegetables, it’s a great trick.
This is a simple pork mince cutlet that I found tastes great on its own or accompanied with a lovely cranberry sauce.
It’s a great starter with cocktails and the recipe is below.
Pork mince cutlets:
• In a mixing bowl, mix 1/4 kg of pork with equal amounts of minced broccoli and carrot.
• Add in 1 minced onion and 4 cloves of garlic(again, minced)
• Add a pinch of minced rosemary and crushed black pepper. Add more pepper if you like it extra spicy.
• And finally, a 1/4 tsp of salt to taste(this is upto you).
• Crack one egg and a handful of breadcrumbs and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
• Roll small scoops full of the mixture into balls and flatten them to fry on a shallow pan heated with a little oil.
(The same can be baked if required)
Et viola! Served with the lovely cranberry sauce, whose recipe is below.
Cranberry sauce recipe:
• In a large saucepan, stew a bowlful of cranberries in a mixture of water, sugar and red wine.
• Add in 1 star anise, 2 sticks of cinnamon and 3 cloves.
• boil till the mixture reduces to a pulp.
Make sure to check on it every few minutes to ensure that the sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.