Tuna is a superfood which is packed with a number of nutritious benefits.
Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, this yummy meat is great for your heart, skin and immunity.
It also gives me an excuse to eat my omega 3 nutrient for the day rather than swallow it in the form of a pill 🙂
Tuna is extremely versatile and can be used in a number of dishes: salads, sandwiches, cutlets, but when I need to cook for more than one person in a weekday, the quickest way to use my tuna is in the form of a casserole.
Tuna Casserole Recipe:
1. Empty out a can of tuna into a bowl.
2. To a frying pan, add chopped onion, garlic and any leafy or root vegetables of your choice. I used green and purple cabbage and carrot.
3. Slit 2 red chillis and add it to the frying pan mixture.
4. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and origano.
5. Blend 4 tomatoes and add It to the frying pan mixture.
6. Add a pinch of sugar to cut down the acidity of the tomatoes.
7. Add the tuna to the mixture and cook for a few minutes.
8. Finally boil 4 large potatoes and once cooked, turn into a mash with a knob of salted butter and pepper.
9. In a casserole dish, layer the tuna mixture and add the top layer of mash.
10. As thee mixture is already cooked, bake in the oven at 150 degrees for 15minutes until the top layer of potato turns crisp.
11. Serve with a fresh garden salad and some wine.