Back to the roots with one of my favourite curries.
Mangalorean prawn curry recipe:
• Prawns, deveined and washed.
• Lightly toast mustard and fenugreek seeds.
• Add chopped onions and garlic and fry until golden brown.
• Add finely chopped tomato to form a paste.
• Add slit green chilli, tumeric powder and salt to taste.
• Add a teaspoon of tamarind paste.
• Add the fresh prawns and cook for 4 minutes until the prawns are cooked.
• Add freshly chopped coriander and finely slit ginger.
• Stir and serve with a bowl of steaming hot white rice or a fresh crispy dosa.