I love to cook. I can’t spend an entire day cooking and that, to me, is a day well spent.
I do tend to reserve a good chunk of my weekend deciding and prepping meals for the busy work week ahead.
It saves me time on those late nights when I am too tired to cook.
This post is dedicated to the delicious Tuna cutlet(fish cake). It’s a flavourful, light and exciting dish that my mama used to make occasionally back home.
But today’s version of the fish cake is taken from a good Goan friend of mine.
Tuna is a delicious meat with a number of health benefits:
- High levels of omega- 3 fatty acids, which help to reduce omega-6 fatty acids and cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels.
- The omega-3 fatty acids are also anti-inflammatory and can help reduce blood pressure.
- It is a healthy source of protein, aiding in weight loss.
I’m not a fan of lending out recipes i learnt from friends as its their wisdom to share. But i will give you a quick easy tuna cutlet recipe, which you are free to modify as you please.
Easy Tuna Cutlet recipe:
- Open a can of tuna and separate from the oil.
- In a frying pan, fry chopped onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and coriander.
- Add a teaspoon of garam masala and fry till the ingredients simmer down into a semi gravy.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the Tuna meat and small shreds of bread.
- Mix the ingredients and form small circular shaped cutlets.
- Dip the cutlets in a bowl of beaten egg and rava/breadcrumbs.
- Fry on a pan of simmering oil.
- Serve with a stir fry or salad and a wedge of lime.
May your work weeks be a little less stressful with these quick and easy recipes.